For over two decades now, we have committed ourselves with ambition and passion to fabricating high quality implants. Clear values and putting responsibility into practice are part of this success story.
What we Stand For.
How we Lead the Way.
Our products contribute to patient healing worldwide. We are proud of this and it obligates us to continue managing our company according to special guidelines in the future.
Every task presents us with new challenges, which we master in close collaboration with our customers. Diligence, in-depth expertise, the latest technology and the ambition to find the best solution are all essential here. For us, quality means not searching for short-term quick success, but rather producing sustainable, superior products.
We guarantee solidarity, adherence to schedules and maximum discretion. Our excellent supplier ratings speak for themselves. Our 100% vertical integration allows us a uniquely high level of operational security and guarantees our customers that their sensitive data never leave our company.
Passion to Innovate.
Pioneering spirit, creativity, ingenuity: As a spearhead of innovation, we are constantly on the search for new solutions with which to produce implants. To this end, we deploy state-of-the-art technology and use the latest production processes on the market.
Shaped by Our Origins.
- 2007: hg medical originated from the former
implant production at DARCO
- 2008: Expansion of the production facilities with
three further screw production centers
and two further milling centers
- 2009: New construction of a new production plant
- 2010: Opening of the in-house surface facility (color anodizing)
- 2011: Further expansion of capacities, headcount rises to 45
- 2012: Besides screws, bone plates and spinal implants,
we are now also involved with hip shafts
- 2013: Procurement of a large CMM plant with
optical and tactile measurement options
- 2014: Another new building to accommodate the areas of cleaning, passivation and packaging, anodizing and laser marking
- 2015: Founding of hg medical USA and contribution of shares
to the HG DARCO Group, as the holding company for all
hg medical and DACO subsidiaries worldwide
- 2016: A completely automated cleaning and
passivation plant goes into operation after a
validation phase lasting almost a year.
- The production facilities are expanded further,
with 86 employees in Raisting, Germany and 18 in the USA.
- 2017: Further machining centers go into operation.
Another new production building taken into service.
- There are currently 33 machining centers at two sites.
- Over 100 of our medical staff work in
Raisting/Bavaria out of approx. 130 in total.
- 2018: Successful transformation of production planning and implementation in Gewatec software. Here the focus was on digitalisation and further avoidance of paper documentation with the goal of achieving “Industry 4.0”.We were able to further reinforce our site in Raisting with an expansion to 90 employees, including seven trainees undergoing in-house production training in our training workshop.
- 2019: Expansion of the production chain. We are already impatiently awaiting our Titan Type 2 anodising plant which we ordered at the beginning of the year.
Two Locations, One Position:
Proximity to the customer, also in international business – this is a promise for us. And for this reason, alongside our head office in Raisting, Bavaria, we also run a second plant in Huntington, West Virginia, USA. The locations are purposefully structured in a standardized way, from identical processes and validation plans, through to the same machines and technologies, up to the same materials like lubricants. This is how we can offer our customers identical and trusted quality on two continents.
For the Environment and Employees.
Conserving resources, wherever possible, is an integral part of modern production. Not only our customers profit from market-oriented prices, but the environment does too. Our measures include integrating waste heat into the heating circuit; our optimized production program also allows us to use raw materials highly effectively. In 2013 we received the “StandortProfi” [location pro] seal of quality from the county of Weilheim. This distinguishes companies that put the locality on the map and care for the environment, their own employees and the their development.
“I have worked in the field of implant technology for over 25 years now. Thanks to the experience gained in production and sales, I can precisely understand the needs of my customers and accurately assess the requirements of the users. This expertise flows directly into the production process and product planning. This saves time and contributes to giving our customers a decisive competitive lead in a highly competitive market.”
Director Business Development
- Up to a million implants per year.
- Over 100 employees in Raisting and Huntington.
- 28 specialized machining centers of the latest design using cutting-edge technologies.
- 2 locations and 1 impressive success curve.
- The abiding aspiration to be “best in class” in all processes forms the basis for the sustained growth of hg medical GmbH.
- Relocation to the new building in May 2017 opens up even more space for innovation and superior production.